Monday, January 28, 2013

life today

It dawned on me that my life today looks very different than it did a few years ago. I don't listen to the same music. I don't watch the same TV shows. I don't read... as much. Here's what I do with some of my spare time these days:

Music. I have always loved music. My iPod is one of my best friends. As is Spotify, which has opened my eyes to so many artists that I had no idea existed. This is my current playlist. Two years ago, I didn't listen to The Script, The City Harmonic, Needtobreathe, Mumford & Sons, Olly Murs, Katie Herzig, Ellie Goulding, Imagine Dragons, Emeli Sande, or Beth. I'm still listening to Maroon 5, Pink, Jars of Clay, Matt Maher, any many others. But I am so appreciative of the new artists in my life as well.

As for TV, I don't think I could have predicted my current "must watch" list. It's a short list. Vampire Diaries (a new find this fall, thanks to some friends), Haven (scurry, but so good), and Psych (always a fav). Castle (love the mystery) is up there, too. I've also spent a fair amount of time watching Once Upon a Time, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, and Big Bang Theory. Plus bits and pieces of half a dozen other shows.

Blogs and photoblogs - love 'em. There are so many different perspectives out there, and I love hearing people's stories. I'm currently reading/following Good Woman Project, Jonas Peterson, Bobbi+Mike, Ampersand Photography, Lauren Nicole, and Emily is Speaking Up. And about 30 others that I check periodically. If only there were more hours in the day...

No comments: